Valentine’s Day is only a few days away. If you’re like me, you are still trying to come up with dinner plans to celebrate. I’ve even spent time searching Pinterest to no avail. I just ended up completely overwhelmed and intimidated. Whole Foods to the rescue with several perfect-and easily achievable-dinner menu ideas!
Whole Foods Market is hosting a tasting event February 11 from 6-8pm at their Huntington Beach location. The event is entitled “Ingredients: A Love Story.” C’est très romantique! Foods from every department will be highlighted and you’ll leave with great ideas for Valentine’s day and beyond.
The event takes place February 11 from 6-8 pm. Attendees will also have a chance to win a Valentine’s dinner for two during the in-store raffle that night!
Tour Whole Foods’ and discover:
- Specialty – Experience the sweet heat of Pepperlane sweet and hot fruit spreads paired with tangy goat cheese selected by our Cheese Specialist. While you’re at it, meet our Wine and Beer Specialists and sample their Valentine’s favorites
- Grocery – Try the decadent combination of fresh nuts from our bulk section paired with California Rancher’s Cajun seasoning and just the right amount of sweetness in Mike Keller’s Hog Wild Nut Brittle
- Bakery – Indulge in fresh baked Chantilly fruit cake with sweet and savory butter cream
- Meat – Savor layers of flavor with chicken wellingtons served alongside Meat Educator Scott’s in-house made Smokehouse Habanero Aioli
- Prepared Foods – Sample Chef Nick’s play on culinary seduction with his roasted asparagus salad with lemon, basil, and crisp quinoa with fresh green goddess dressing
- Produce – Discover new realms of sweet and spicy snacking with Nercy’s tempting mango, pineapple, and habanero guacamole
- Seafood – Experience briny bliss with our fresh shucked oysters and kick them up a notch with a splash of La Pan’s Et Tu Brute Bloody Mary Mix
- Whole Body – Really get things started by adding a little maca to the mix with Whole Body Team Leader Danny’s in-house made maca balls
I plan to swing by the deli while I’m there and see if they are offering any new varieties of Creminelli Salami, one of my go-to favorites for special occasions (or sometimes for a late-night snack). The flavor is rich so a little goes a long way. Most of ours was devoured at our Super Bowl party last month so it’s time to stock up again!
For real-time news, follow Whole Foods Orange County on Twitter. Also, please be sure to “like” the Whole Foods Market Huntington Beach store’s Facebook page for deals and updates such as these upcoming events:
- Every Friday in February, Whole Foods Market Huntington Beach is featuring live jazz in its 24 tap craft beer bar, Woody’s Surf City Grill. 6-9 pm.
- Saturday, February 22nd, join Edzon and his Seafood Team as they fillet whole fresh fish to order. As always, we cook, we clean, we do it for free! 12-4 pm.
Fine print: This is a sponsored post for Whole Foods Market. All opinions are my own.