These chocolatey-hazelnut apple rings are almost as much fun to make as they are to eat.
Looking for a fun afternoon treat? These chocolatey-hazelnut apple rings are almost as much fun to make as they are to eat. Little hands can easily smear each slice with a spatula and press the chips in cute patterns. And hey, there’s even fruit involved!
Do you have a favorite healthy snack?
Hazelnut White Chocolate Chip Apple Rings
- 2 medium apples
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup hazelnut spread (like Nutella)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Wash, peel, and core your apples; slice into ¼-inch thick rings. If you’re concerned about browning, dunk each slice into a lemon-juice solution (1 cup water, 2 teaspoons lemon juice).
- Gently pat each slice with a paper towel to eliminate excess moisture. This will make it easier for the hazelnut spread to stick to the fruit!
- Use a butter knife to smear the hazelnut spread across the surface of each apple slice. Cover the entire surface of the ring.
- Dot the surface of the hazelnut-smeared slices with the white chocolate chips. Make sure you press them down enough so that they stick.
Not eating them right away? Seal the slices in an air-tight container and refrigerate.