We can’t pretend these are healthy, but these pint-sized ice cream sandwiches whip up in a jiff for special occasions or on-the-go sweet tooth satisfaction. Concerned about calories? Use reduced-fat milk, fat-free whipped topping, reduced-fat sandwich cookies, and sugar-free instant pudding. You also can experiment with different pudding flavors or sandwich cookie varieties for unique flavor combinations.
These pint-sized ice cream sandwiches whip up in a jiff for special occasions or on-the-go sweet tooth satisfaction!
- 1 box of Jell-O® Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 cups of cold milk
- 1 package of Oreo® sandwich cookies
- 1 cup Cool Whip®
- Carefully separate each Oreo sandwich cookie (loosening with a knife, if necessary) and remove the filling. Feel free to eat the creamy middles, but don’t lick the cookies! Set the cream-less cookie halves aside, reserving an even number of cookie halves to crush for a chocolate garnish.
- Using the cold milk, make the Jell-O pudding according to the box directions. Once the pudding starts to firm in your mixing bowl, fold in the Cool Whip until well combined.
- Scoop a generous teaspoon of the pudding and Cool Whip mixture onto half the Oreo cookies. Place the remaining Oreo cookies on top, pressing down gently.
- Stack the cookies in an airtight container (using wax or parchment paper to separate the rows) and freeze for at least three hours—if you can wait that long!